Director of Engineering @
November 2016 - In Progress
- Managed three teams of engineers supporting our Campaign Management product
- Oversaw migration of legacy Perl application to Kubernetes
- Supported teams to decompose a monolithic Perl service to extract Authentication, Authorization and User services into micro-service APIs.
- Replaced legacy cookie authentication service. Project allowed for rollout of OAuth2, Multi Factor Authentication,
saving $600k/yr and dramatically increasing security.
- Audited and replaced troublesome and expensive legacy API gateway (Mashery), saving $200k/yr.
- Audited and revamped all API documentation to OAS v3. API Docs are available at https://apidocs.mediamath.com.
- Managed engineering support to Sales Operations, including consultation for Havas, Digitas, IBM, Uber
and more on how to integrate with our API platform.
VP of Product @
November 2015 - November 2016
Led the product team with a philosophy of servant leadership to encourage discussion, healthy debate, and clear communication
Created product strategy and worked with CEO to set roadmap to replace unreliable legacy systems
Re-established trust between engineering and sales teams by creating consistent outcomes and stabilizing the platform, bringing
bugs identified per week down by 90%
Developed process for account management team to triage and prioritize customer issues bringing median resolution time down
by 80%, and increasing customer NPS scores by 60%
Conducted extensive user research with government officials to refine product features and specifications
Partnered with FileStack to implement an AWS S3 -> ZIP API to allow our customers to easily export bundles of submissions
Re-negotiated contractual obligations with customers to reduce commitments, and align engineering roadmap with company direction
Sr. Product Manager,
Bloomberg Vault Surveillance @
October 2014 - November 2015
Product owner for Bloomberg Vault Surveillance, the communications monitoring and auditing tool for the Bloomberg Terminal
Implemented technology and policies to capture communications to prevent Market Abuse, Insider Trading, Harassment, and Data
Coordinated a team working on the latest and greatest technology stack including Scala, Play, Accumulo, & Akka running
on a Mesos infrastructure
Worked with Compliance and Security Officers to ensure the data integrity of our clients, and the Bloomberg Terminal
Product Manager, @
August 2011 - October 2014
Product owner for Repose, the API Middleware Platform. Repose handles Authentication (Openstack Keystone), Security, Rate
Limiting, and Content Normalization for nearly all Rackspace APIs
Defined the product strategy, roadmap, user stories, KPIs, and priorities
Redefined product strategy to focus on external customers
Built out Continuous Integration/Deployment infrastructure in with Jenkins/Docker
Repose, the Openstack API Filter at OpenStack 2014